The future is here and solar power is now attainable for businesses and organizations. For so long, the costs and ROI on solar projects was a non starter, but between the costs being driven down by technology and production advances, as well as utilities supporting solar projects with incentives and rebates, solar is ready to make it mainstream.
What is Solar Energy?
Sun produces energy in the form of radiation and that radiation produces light and heat. Packets of light called photons travel to the Earth and are collected by semiconductors on a Solar Photovoltaics (PV) or solar cells converting it into electricity. A bunch of solar cells make a panel and panels strung together make a solar array. These cells, panels and arrays are like Lego blocks and can be altered to fit anywhere and power anything making this solution very flexible.
What are the Benefits of Solar?
The benefits for solar are so many, that you cannot find a more energy efficient, more environmentally friendly option.
- Sunlight is everywhere and available to everyone
- Solar doesn't produce CO2 or pollution
- Greatest energy source for hot days
- Sustainable, with a minimum impact on the environment
- Easy maintenance, no moving parts
- Produce energy right where you need it
- You are still connected to a grid and supported by your utility
- Now Cost Effective!
What do I need to consider before going solar
- Do you own your building?
- Direction your roof angle faces (south is best)
- How old is your roof?
- Your credit score
- Electricity usage estimates
There are lots of reasons to move forward on solar - let us know your questions and any thoughts you have on whether now is the right time for solar PV.